Choosing the right Jogging Stroller for baby
One of my friends was talking with me about her concerns recently… here’s her story!
I want to get back in shape after giving birth to my baby.
I always wanted to get back in shape right after I gave birth from my 4th baby. It has been a struggle for me to lose weight and I have to act on it, the sooner the better. My baby just turned 4 months and I’m ready to start my exercise routine but need my baby to tag along with me.
My mom advised me to buy a jogging stroller. Jogging stroller? How does it differ from the other strollers? Is it safe to use a jogging stroller for my 4-month-old baby? I’m not sure how it works, like squeezing your workout in while taking care of your baby. That sounds fun, but still in doubt of how I can do both at the same time.
According to my friends, before I do that, I need to do some research, get advice, then get the right equipment to use for my baby’s safety and comfort.
Things to consider before buying a Jogging Stroller
Here are the things I found that need to be considered before deciding to buy a jogging stroller:
- Don’t just buy a regular ‘jogging stroller.’ Choose a sport-specific ride that is really intended for jogging and has a better feature that will minimize the movement or bouncing of your baby while lying or sitting in the stroller. Usually a jogging stroller has large tires and adjustable shocks and may also include a handbrake and a wrist strap to secure your baby while you’re on the run.
- Weighs just 26 lbs
- Locking and swiveling front tires
- Extra-large air-filled tires for a smooth ride
- Super easy one-handed fold.
- Use it with your car seat with optional adapter.
- From 3 months to 75 lbs.
- Includes parent organizer .
- Includes air pump.
- Right time. Make sure your baby is ready to go with you and it is necessary that you have the approval from your doctor. Normally, the baby can ride in a stroller comfortably when they’re 6-8 months. If you’re too excited and want to start early, then find a stroller with a compatible infant car seat on it.
- Be careful. Make sure that before you start, everything in your baby’s stroller is already set up. The baby should be buckled in, lock the front wheel forward, and if there’s a wrist strap, put it on. And don’t forget the parking brake in case you need to stop longer.
- Use proper clothing for baby. Consider the weather in choosing the right attire for your baby and consider baby’s safety and comfort while you’re doing your workout.
- Made from 100% polyester microfiber.
- Popular and fun design.
- Comfy and stylish.
- It’s not intended to be used as a sleepwear.
- Plan ahead of time. It is always good that you plan your jogging time according to your baby’s mood. There are some instances that baby is good to bring with you on your workout when they are not hungry. Baby will be content to come along for the ride!
These points are a simple guide in choosing the perfect jogging stroller for your baby. Keep this list with you. I’m sure you will be needing this once you’re up to running again after your pregnancy and birth of your baby.